Here are some tips on mindset and goal setting that will ensure your success on your new journey:
- Decide that this is it! Commit! You’re done with yo-yo dieting. Make the decision that you want to change.
- What is your goal ? Zig Ziglar says, “How can you hit a target if you don’t even have one?” Remember to set realistic goals. It can be to lose five pounds in a month or to drop two dress sizes in six months.
- Once you set a goal or a series of small, achievable goals, write them down. There is power in the written word ! Once you write those goals down you are more likely to commit to them.
- Transfer your written goals down on note cards and carry them with you. Refer to them often ! You’ll probably be faced with temptation throughout your day. Keep your note cards handy to remind you of what you want for yourself and why! Your note cards can keep you from getting derailed!
- Write down a positive affirmation on a note card and keep repeating it to yourself. When I did my first triathlon, I was terrified of the water. So I came up with the mantra, “You cannot be courageous without fear.” I repeated this phrase over and over as I swam during the race. It allowed me to steer away from negative thinking and finish the course. So, find a mantra that works for you !